Thursday, September 30, 2010

wordart Freebie For Today













Hi- Just little old me again, I figured I had better get this posted early tonight. We are heading up North early in the morning (4.a.m.). We're going up this weekend to get the cabin ready for winter and for Hunting season next month. We have to put plastic around our screened in front porch and get the deer stands all checked out to make sure they are safe for the hunters to climb up into. I'm sure our supply of fuel oil is low- so we have to get that filled too. Remember everyone- this is a cabin in the woods with no electricity going to it. We use gas light and have an oil burn stove to heat the cabin with. We do have a gas stove for cooking (it's hooked up to a bottle gas tank- so are the gas lights. We have a generator if we need anything electric- but don't use it often. No T.V. and we used to go without a phone, but now of course everyone of us has a cell phone.



I might take my laptop up there with me during hunting season and hook it to the generator. Won't beable to get internet, but I'll still beable to use my photoimpact program and do scrapbooking layouts and stuff.



The wordart today I thought was good for all these joined families. We have so many second marrages now and both the men and women have children from their first marriage- I like it- hope you all do too.



It was the most beautiful day here- sunny warm (70's) with a light breeze- I really love Fall. All the leaves are turning colors and some have even started to fall. I spent a great deal of the day outside on my new deck. I love it-love it!!!




This is little Chinook and my 2 grandsons sitting on our new deck. LOL

This is a few days ago we have a river going right thru our downtown and it flooded- so many stores got damaged or are completely lost- they say that they haven't seen anything like this in over 50 years. Our basement took in water, so I had a real mess down there- all dryed out now and everything is back to normal. Our downtown is starting to look a bit normal- it will take some of the store owners a long time to get up and running again tho.

Well I better go and get the rest of the packing done - it will be a early to bed night, cause 4 am comes real fast. yuck!!

Hugs

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the word art - perfect for our blended family!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS

MY SCRAPBOOK PAGES


My layouts........These are pictures of My life~~My joys~~~My
treasures~~My everything!.
Doing these pages has relieved my stress somedays, helped
heal my heart on days that I think it is going to break, but
most of all I remember My wonderful family, friends, and
life. I'm hoping that these pictures will bring some joy to
others in the years to come and they too will remember the
good times and "yes" even the not so good times!
Enjoy
mY
MY