Thursday, May 14, 2015

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ix24x73s3tpr2qg/Your_memory_may_be_fading.png
I did this wordart up the other day. As most of you  that stop by here on a regular basis,know  we had to put my mom in a assisted/memory care apartment about a year and a half ago.She is 84 and
has some form of dementia, weather its alzheimers or another form, I don't know, I just know that I am slowly losing my mom and there isn't a darn thing any of us can do about it. She still knows her kids and the grandkids that she sees all the time,, but any that she does see on a reg. basis,she can't remember their names, She still knows how to answer her cell phone, but is having trouble on
calling someone, I call her everyday and go over to see her 2 times a week, but I'm afraid soon she isn't going to remember how to answer her phone, so then I won't be talking to her each day. She lives in another town about 20 minutes away from me. Each day I notice more changes in her and  I just want to cry. Some days she is her normal self and is just "mom". She has done embroidery for years and in the last month or so she has stopped doing it completely.
Anyway I read this verse some where  and wanted to use it  on a layout  that I am doing of mom, so I decided to share it with you. I'm sure there are a lot of you that are going thru the same thing in your family and if you haven't talked to others about it, you should,  Some of the things that we have had to do with mom are the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life- like making her move out of her home and her not having a say in any of it- she just wasn't able to, but that didn't make it any easier. I've talked to others that are going thru this and they all say the same thing- "we have no other chose".
Enough already---LOL Hope some of you can use this and if you know who wrote it, please let me know so I can give them credit. I would love to see your layouts if you do use it.
Hugs Donna 

3 comments:

  1. I understand. My husband was diagnosed last fall with Alzheimer's. It is just so terrible watching this. Hugs and prayers to you, Donna. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand also. My dear m-i-l suffered from this many years ago. The hardest thing ever was putting her into the nursing home a couple days after Christmas. Thank you for this today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and Thank you for this download. It is very hard to go through this, but hang in there and even though your Mum may being slipping away - just appreciate that you do still have her...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS

MY SCRAPBOOK PAGES


My layouts........These are pictures of My life~~My joys~~~My
treasures~~My everything!.
Doing these pages has relieved my stress somedays, helped
heal my heart on days that I think it is going to break, but
most of all I remember My wonderful family, friends, and
life. I'm hoping that these pictures will bring some joy to
others in the years to come and they too will remember the
good times and "yes" even the not so good times!
Enjoy
mY
MY